Working to Brighten Students Lives
The General Services Department supervises, manages and directs the daily operations for the Monterey County Office of Education:
- Mail and delivery services.
- Meeting room scheduling and set up. Contact Maurene Coloma for room reservation details.
- Maintenance, custodial and security services to all of MCOE's satellite educational programs.
- Central warehousing.
- Transportation services.
The General Services Department provides direct support to our school districts in the capacity of;
- Williams Legislation and Facilities Inspection. Verification of the State mandated FIT (Facilities Inspection Tool) and coordination of site verification processes.
- Updating the districts of building code requirement changes, current legislation and State Allocation Board funding mechanisms, and the Department of State Architect's new requirements.
- Planning and safety training for management within the Facilities and M.O.T.S divisions.