What We Do
The mission of Educational Services Division is to build district capacity through professional development, leadership support and technical assistance to support accelerated student achievement and success in the 21st century.
Who We Are
Educational Services is a diverse division comprised of three departments and several programs designed to carry out the mission of the Monterey County Office of Education.
The Division operates schools and programs that directly serve students, their parents and the community; while at the same time providing leadership, support and service to all the districts and schools in Monterey County. In addition, the Division works closely with the California Department of Education and our school districts to assure compliance to all educational mandates.
Department Services Provided
- Professional development
- Collaboration with districts to build leadership for effective systemic change
- Access to current curriculum adoptions, media-based curricular resources, and facilities for creating teaching resources delivery of DAIT and Program Improvement technical assistance and training
- Coordination of regional programs to enhance teaching and learning
- Customized services to meet local school and district need
- Sharing of information and resources about emerging issues and initiatives
- Fostering collaborative partnerships among Monterey County community groups
Professional Development Course Schedule and Calendar