What We Offer
The Region V After School Partnerships program provides free technical assistance and support services to After School Education and Safety (ASES) and 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) programs in Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito and Santa Clara counties.
Our goal is to improve the quality of after school programs, build local capacity to support after school programs, increase opportunities for program sustainability, and strengthen stakeholder buy-in of after school programming.
- Professional Development for all after school staff
- Technical Assistance for continuous program improvement, in such areas as program development, site level training, sustainability and partnership building
- Provide resources and materials for new and existing after school grantees
- Conferences and workshops throughout the region
- Conduct site visits to diagnose programmatic needs
- Electronic newsletters sharing varied resources, ie. funding, research, training announcements, etc.
Visit our Website
You'll find resources & information of value including, ASP programs by city, calendar of events, technical assistance services, CDE grant reporting forms for download, online resources in the areas of behavior management, funding, health and safety, instruction and enrichment, mentoring, program design, and statistics. Go to our ASP website: Region 5 After School Partnerships
A representative Regional Advisory Board models collaborative governance in helping to plan and implement the Regional Lead work plan. The Monterey County Office of Education serves as the Regional Lead Office. The program is funded by the California Department of Education (CDE).
Contact the Region V Support Team
- Mara Wold, Regional Lead
- Damian Maldonado, After School Consultant
- Leticia Gomez-Gong, After School Consultant
- Richard Hackbert, After School Consultant
- Brianne Chacon, Region V Assistant