Our mission is to assist educators in the integration of teaching, learning, and technology through regional leadership in staff development,
resource information and communication. We provide educators with resources and support to effectively integrate technology at all levels.
About the Califonia Technology Assistance Project Monterey County
The CTAP (California Technology Assistance Project) is a statewide technical assistance program, funded by the California Department of Education (CDE). Intended to promote the effective use of technology in teaching, learning and school administration, CTAP provides assistance to schools and districts based upon local needs in each of 11 regions in California.
Our mission is to assist educators in the integration of teaching, learning, and technology through regional leadership in staff development, resource information and communication. This Web site provides educators with resources and support to effectively integrate technology at all levels. CTAP Monterey County consists of all districts in the Monterey County.
Each region has developed and implemented a five year plan (July 2008-June 2013) to provide technology assistance in four key areas:
- Professional development and learning resources to use technology as a tool to improve teaching and learning.
- Professional development and support for hardware and telecommunications infrastructure design, implementation, and sustainability.
- Professional development and support to use technology as a tool to improve school management, including pupil record-keeping and tracking for pupil instruction and data-driven decision making.
- Funding and Coordination with other Federal, State, and local programs.
- Advocate for 21st Century readiness for every student and teacher.
CDE encourages schools, districts and county offices of education to contact their regional CTAP staff for assistance integrating technology into their curriculum, using technology to support school management and furthering professional development.
CTAP 2011-2012 Professional Development Workshops & Events
Click here for upcoming events & workshops (doc)
- 21st Century Technology Leadership Program
- Curriculur & Learning Resources (Thinkfinity)
- Cyber Safety (Online Resources & Curriculum)
- Google Apps in Education (District/School Set Up, Depoloyment & Training)
- Online Student Courses (e.Class)
- Classroom Learning Management System (My.Moodle)
For more info, please contact:
Monterey COE Educational Services
Educational Technology & ELL Resources Coordinator/Administrator